Monday, January 24, 2011

MIDYEAR.

Thursday(Jan20) I leave Dusseldorf to head to Ahrweiler (just outside of Bonn) for my midyear seminar..
I get to Koln and have to wait for a few hours.. when i go to my platform.. my train never came.. TURNS out that i booked my ticket for the wrong times.. I had a major brain fart and forgot about military time- goodjob sally!!.. so that was stressful but i just got my ticket changed for a nother time.. adn didnt have pay anything extra..
then I met Sean (on my program) on the same platform.. so we went together.. however.. our train in Remagan never came.. so we had to wait outside for 40 minutes.. Sean is a little awkward fellow.. and I had to pee.. SO BAD it's not even funny.. he's more shy adn reserved so I feel bad that he had to endure my pee-pee dance.. hehe! We were the last ones to get to teh seminar.. we were actually like 2 hours late haha we got there around 7:30.. oh wellll.. we had a few activities before we went to bed.. In my room was Rachel, SOPHIE!, and EJ!! we are all pretty good friends

FRIDAY: we all took teh train to Bonn.. where we met with the governor of Bonn.. she was really nice.. then we went on a Political tour through bonn.. Bonn was the original capital .. it's also where Beethoven was born and grew up.. any way the tour was really boring.. adn it was all outside.. everyone FROZE their asses off.. hahah after that we had free time.. so me, Savanah, Ali and Sophie walked around Bonn.. until around 9:30 when we met up with everyone else.. a bunch of people were totally shitfaced too.. which was slightly entertaining..

Saturday: we had meetings alllllll day long at our Hostel about our experiences and what not. It wasnt that bad.. we also took a mandatory walk. This night we were all going out to the bars... so everyone went (didnt really have an option ahah) .. although we are just allowed beer and wine when we are with our program.. when we arent with our program and youre 18.. anything goes.. if youre 16 then you can legally drink beer and wine.. if youre under 16.. it's illegal.. BAM.
any way.. we went to a few bars.. I didnt drink anything beecause I wasnt really feeling it.. but i stayed fro the show any way..
it was absolutely insane.. i shit you not.. people went crazy.
but what really pissed me off.. was the next morning when I was looking out my window getting some fresh air.. and all of the sudden a wine bottle goes flying by... people who had bought alcohol were just pitching them on the lawn.. there were bottles everywhere.. I couldnt believe it..
any wya.. it was really really nice to see everyone.. adn we spoke WAY too uch english.. which blew when I had to come home and switch.. i really wish we would have spoken german the whole time.. but whatever.. we had an AMI weekend hahah
i was really happy to be back in Mettmann though.. sleep in my own bed... be with mi familia..
annnnd we skyped with Emily in New Zealand!!! and Peters birthday is today!

No comments:

Post a Comment