Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First German Class in Dusseldorf

Today I had my first 3 hour German class in Dusseldorf. My day started out as normal..waking up at 6:30 am..grab breakfast then speedwalk to the train station in hopes that it is on time. I then had block classes for spanish, english, and then art. I had to leave art early though to catch the train to Dusseldorf. I was so nervous about the course because the entry test went horribly. It wasnt even a hard test, but I did so bad on it because I couldnt focus due to the excess chatter and hotness of the room. Any way, I went a little early to find the room and settle down. It is right outside of the train station, so easy access :) It is on the second floor and there are about ten people in my class. I am the youngest, of course. Most of them are adults. Although there is one Japanese girl that is 19 years old. She is here for 5 months, staying with her aunt. Everyone from the class is from a different country.. that list is:
  • Japan
  • Sweden
  • South Korea
  • China
  • England
  • Brazil 
  • India
  • Romania/Australian (cool eh?)
  • Slovakian 
My teacher is a plump German man named Michael. He is kind, with a sense of humor. We took it slow for the first day, which was fine by me. I felt really good about it because I already knew most of what we were doing, and when conversing with the women around me they were baffled by what I was saying. I feel bad for the girl from Japan and South Korea because they are constantly having to type on their handy dictionary gadgets.. I don't know what to call them.. they are pretty cool but seem like a pain in the ass. I would rather kick it old school with my dictionary- I will not give in to technology on this one. For a 3 hour course.. it actually wasnt bad. I say that now.. it's just the beginning.. only 4 more months of it hahah. At least it was a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment