Friday, October 8, 2010

I don't handle chaos well..

Today my betreuer, Wolfgang, was paying a visit to Mettmann. I met with him in Dusseldorf last week.. we had a great time.. but he also wanted to check in with the family. This didnt exactly go as planned..
Wolfgang was scheduled to come to the house around 5:00 pm today... Germans are generally very punctual people.. so yes, he was there at 5:00pm.. Just me and my host sisters were home at the time. Wolfgang rang the gate bell and I pushed the button to let him in. I guess him and Evelyn had come home at the same time. They were walking in together.. and I realized that it was taking them quite a while to come into the house. I went outside to see what was going on. Wolfgang was fixing the gate and Evelyn was limping towards the house with her pants leg pulled up..

I asked what was wrong and then noticed a HUGE GASH on her right ankle.. I started freaking out.. she asked if peter were home and I immediately averted my eyes from her nasty ankle and said.."nonono..he's not.. oh god .. oh god" and I think she said call teh hospital or something.. so i ran inside.. then back outside. then back inside.. I woke Leonie up from her catnap.. I then went into the living room to get teh phone. PROBLEM.. on the coffee table.. laid about 4 TV remotes and two land-line house phones.. they all looked the same..I was still running around like a chicken wtih its head cut off.. this is one of those moments when it would be nice to be able to drive.. however considering everyone drives stick shift here.. we would both end up in teh hospital due to teh fact that I cannot drive stick shift. Any way.. Wolfgang drove her to teh hospital.. She was getting stitches when I had to leave for soccer.. btu everything is okay now..
that was the highlight of my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment