Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sushi with Misaki

Misaki and I went to go have sushi yesterday after German class. We walked around Immermanstrs. which is the Japanese neighborhood.."Little Tokyo"... In case you didnt know Dusseldorf has a rather rather large Japanese population. Any we went to this restaurant called Hyugo...which was suggested by another Japanese girl in my class..however it was closed. So we went around the corner to this other place. We sat down.. ordered a few glasses of wine.. We then starting pointing to different types of sushi and making sounds whether we liked that one or not... her favorite food is cucumber.. adn she really likes teh cucumber sushi..
so we got..
half an order of california rolls
Cucumber rolls
Crab Rolls
and then some realllyyy gross dollop of maroon fish on top of rice.. she said that it was good adn she likes it .. so I gave it a shot. Let's just say I loaded it up with wasabi and soy sauce to cancel out the taste. She has been here since last April.. and will leave next April.. she's 19 and is living with her aunt. She isnt going to school or anything here.. Her aunt is 50.. married to a German and has two kids ( a boy and a girl) Misaki has a 17 year old sister back home in Japan. She doesnt have plans for when she returns to Japan. She works at a bakery called Bakery my heart.. every Saturday in Little Tokyo- it's a Japanese Bakery.. I am thinking about surprising her some time! I asked her if she was homesick.. adn she said that she was before today because she hasnt had a friend since she has been here. She can understand very little english and German.. but we got by with a pad of paper and her handy little translator.. oh technology!!.. After that we got some gelato.. then I walked her to her train.. I told her that after Fall break.. she should come back to Mettmann with me for a weekend. I also introduced her to teh world of Facebook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment