Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dinner with my Bundestag Representative

Last night I had dinner with Michaela Noll, my Bundestag Representative. She is apart of the CDU here in Germany. I arrived at 6:00pm in Hilden. When I got there.. I noticed that there were all older people. Then i found out it was the press form 3 news papers.. so the first thing we did was take photos, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much!!! ahhhh..
then I sat there with another exchange student from my program who I had never met before and they interrogated us like crazy. It was so nerve racking because they were sitting there grilling us and writing down everything that we were saying. It was fun though to say the least and Michaela Noll is really nice. We started talking about politics and they asked me if it's uncomfortable sometimes when people talk to me about american politics.. adn I said no because I can agree wtih most Germans on American politics. Then we started having a jolly good German time.. just absolutely ripping on Sarah Palin.. and the tea party. We found out 5 minutes later that the kid from Chicago sitting next to me is a conservative Republican and a catholic hahaha... oh god.. it was so funny. We were all absolutely shocked. We were all trying to hard to hold ourselves back from nailing him on everything he was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment