Sunday, November 7, 2010

Frankfurt

So I just got back from my weekend in Frankfurt. Leonie and I went and stayed with her friend that traveled to Canada with her last year. Her name is Annika and she was really really cool. I also met up with Marius, who went to Sayre for half a year last year. He can drive now, so he drove an hour to see us!! it was really really nice to see him. He's definitely a lot different in Germany, than in the States. Probably because he's in his home country..idk! Anyway.. Friday night we went to have dinner.. walked around a bit.. and went home. The next morning we woke up, had breakfast, and then headed to the city. First, we went to the market- to buy apples OF COURSE! hahah after that we wondered around and had fun. We went to teh top of this building that overlooked Frankfurt. Despite the rain it was still really cool. When we were leaving a shopping mall we saw this stand with these people decorating yellow rain boots... so we stopped by to check it out. We ended up each buying a pair and decorating them. We didnt decorate them ourselves.. they had different stencils you could choose from. Seeing as though I didnt want a rose or leopard on my rain boot.. I got my initials. The proceeds went to some art foundation! After wondering around a little bit more and doing a photo fun booth, we went back to Annikas. There, we made a ginger bread house!! that was fun.. it's strange seeing allllllll the christmas stuff out and about.. especially before Thanksgiving- oh yeah.. they dont celebrate that here! hahah
anyway.. on the way back.. leonie and I KNEW we would be cutting it close catching the RegioBahn (train) back to Mettman.. so we were running running running through the station in our yellow rainboots.. and when we hit the stairs to go to our platform.. it was like slow motion!!hahah it was so funny.. but we made it luckily
I made it in time for my soccer game.. we tied- SHOULD have won!! we outshot them by ..idk how much.. but it ended up being a tie- which is okay because its better than losing haha



No comments:

Post a Comment