Sunday, May 29, 2011

BERLIN 2011

I just got back from my end of the year/graduation in Berlin. At first I wasnt really looking forward to it because I figured it wouldn't be that fun, but as usual I was wrong. People hadnt really changed that much but I think that knowing we were close to the end brought us all closer any way. I met a few people on the way to Berlin so it was good to catch up with them, I don't really hang out with people from teh program throughout the year and don't get to speak english that often. A little break is good.. but weird haha. I waited for Sophie to arrive in Berlin before heading to the hostel. The youth hostel place was reallly cool and next to the Olympianstadium...however...it was about 30-40 minutes from Berlin city.. so.. even when we did have free time.. it was a pain to go. We hardly had any free time as it was. I think that the seminar should have been the week before we left and then all leave together.. because they basically get us ready to leave and reverese culture shock.. we graduate.. finish everything.. then have to go back to our host families for 3 weeks.. so it's basically 3 weeks of depression.. haha not cool...
It was a good time though..despite all of the stupid games and reflection exercises. I roomed with Sophie : ) !!!! We sat in on the Bundestag, asked questions, went to teh american embassy.. where Mississippi dirty danced infront of ....well everyone.... hahah that was interesting.. but I'm pretty sure that our region is the best one.. we are pretty much like a family. Even though I have only known these people for..what? not even a year.. I feel like I have known them for 10 years. When we did have free time I showed some people Tacheles(which is reaching its last month before the government takes it down) and I think they liked it.. hopefully..
we graduated on Saturday.. and come sunday we were crying again..
I can't even imagine what it will be like in Frankfurt! AHHHH
3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment