Sunday, May 22, 2011

Haruki Murakami

So I randomly picked up a Haruki Murakami novel in the fall.. "A Wild Sheep Chase"
I absolutely loved it..and have been wanting to read more of his stuff..
when I was doing some marathon research, one of the articles I read quotes Murakami from his book "What I talk about when I talk about running.."
considering that I like his writing.. I decided to get it. It's a small book.. and just under 200 pages. It's basically relating running to his writing. He's really fascinating though. I almost feel like we are the same person.. only different decades..
He used to own a jazz club in Japan.. until one day at a baseball game he randomly decided to sell it and become a writer. His first book was actually " A Wild Sheep Chase"..
he's a mizuno running shoe fan..
he started seriously running at age 33.. and since then he done just about everything you can think of..
you would have to read it to get into it and into his writing...
but I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment