Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dads visit!!

My easter break started two weeks ago and is now coming to an end... I did an unimaginable amount within that time..
for starters I flew to Sweden to reunite with my dad and travel around Scandinavia. I hadnt seen my dad is almost 10 months.. so it was really nice to see him!! I was really excited.. we went to Stockholm then picked up our volvo in Gothenburg..from there we drove to copenhagen (which was closed because of the holiday..merr...) from there we drove to Hamburg.. took the famous bridge from Denmark.. that goes underwater adn then a ferry. We stayed.. and welll...met our long lost German Henkel relatives.. they were reallllly really nice, genuine and funny people. They showed us all around their town (Hamburg is really cool..) and were very accommodating. After Hamburg..we drove a few hours to Hanover to pick up Leonie. We then ended up back in MEttmann around 4:00pm we went on a walk and then had dinner.. my dad has his FIRST white asparagus.. which is had never eaten because he was disgusted by the color. Plus.. fresh white asparagus is really uncommon in America. Any way.. my dad stayed in Emilys room right beside mine... I gave him a double cup of EXTRA strong black coffee every morning.. while he was here.. we...
went to Duesseldorf, made dinner twice, went to Keukenhof and Amsterdam, Went to Mosel, visited 2 castles, indulged in good wine and german food, toured Mettmann, went to the Neandertal Museum and Gummy bear factory, walked the dogs, and many other adventures. I am pretty sure the Pfisters wanted to keep him here.. haha I planned a surprise birthday celebration on his last night here since I wont be home for his birthday. We had cake and champagne.. I had been sketchily buying him gifts all week.. i got him an egg holder and warmer in Amsterdam.. and a Neandertal T-shirt... long with a collage.. the Pfisters gave him an egg cracker (they are the bomb...just sayin...) It was so much fun! hahah.. We definitely exhausted the day until the very end..I was sad when he left.. we both shed a pretty good amount of tears.. : ( but I will be home in 7 weeks.. so he came at a good time.. adn im glad that he got to know the Pfisters before they come to KY.. it's nice to put a face to the name and many emails..







No comments:

Post a Comment